3.15.2009

Excuses, Excuses



Wow. Time flies, doesn't it? The final quarter of 2008 involved, among other things, moving 1500 miles and getting knocked up. I am ashamed I did not find the time to Blog. Really. Torn up.

So many wonderful things have happened. My health has been fantastic. And I've have more than enough free time. Moving to a new city, morning sickness and job hunting don't mix. And now the belly makes it even harder. I mean--a restaurant kitchen is no place for a fat and clumsy mother-to-be (I can't imagine being on my feet in a hot environment full of dangers like knives and slippery floors). So I have been channeling my other talents. Seems like unless you have 3-5 years of experience as an office manager, you can forget getting a job in that field. That's a shame because I am a natural at multi-tasking, quite computer-savvy, very friendly, extremely well-organized and I would bring baked goods to the office everyday! I mean, come on!

Everyone wonders why I am looking for a job--pregnant and all. This is pretty-much a necessity. My husband and I haven't been able to sell our home in "the old" city, so we pay double utilities and insurance and a mortgage and rent (and parking). Add to these expenses the need for things like car seats and cribs... But I digress. Really--I am happiest when I am doing things. I need to have purpose and projects... lots of projects.

So I suppose I should take advantage of this time and blog about my baking and general "nesting" projects. Yes. This will be a blast.

No comments: